Thursday, September 29, 2011

Brot backen - baking bread

Das ist gar nicht so einfach ... erstens das rechte Mehl zu finden, dann HEFE!!! Wer haette gedacht, dass ein Wuerfel Hefe hier 2,90 USD kostet??

Did ever anybody look for yeast at Giant Eagle??? First of all you have a heck of a time to find it .. then you are totally surprised about the price .. gosh .. 2,89 plus tax ..  you can get a loaf of bread for that.
Flour is difficult to find too, at least the type I am looking for: Rye. 
Then I found one but it's a ground stone mill rye flour .. Roggenschrot.
Bob found a recipe for Bauernbrot which asked for Molasses and Cocoa powder, so I had to search for that too. With the flour, yeast, molasses, cocoa powder I paid about 15 $ .. and it will make about 4 loafs of bread. Quite an expensive sport. I think I better learn to get along with the soft bread you can get here.

Lebensmittel sind sehr viel teurer hier als in Deutschland. Bei der Milch seh ichs ja noch ein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment