Tuesday, October 30, 2012

a nightmare journey to India

my mind is still on the way .. it was just unbelievable that Lufthansa put me on a waiting list, even my flight was confirmed and I had seat reservations. I went between anger, despair, upset and calmness .. knowing that God is watching over me and he promised to send his angels ahead of me. When the lady called my name, just a second before they closed the cabin doors .. I could hardly believe it. I was the last one they let in on a totally overbooked flight. At least ten people got stuck behind in New York at this flight ... not knowing whats next, since hurricane Sandy was hitting the town. Subways were already closed and the airport was next.

Frankfurt I thought is no problem, but Lufthansa will get a big complaint letter from me .. the ways in between the connecting flights without any transportation are almost impossible to reach in time .. I will put myself in the disabled list next time.
There again I barely made and was one of the last ones boarding to Chennai. Later on I heard that quite a few again did not make it.
Its no fun any more to travel by air.
Anyway .. through all that I learned again: God is my help and refuge. He watches over me.

In Chennai Bindus husband Anil was waiting for me. That was a big relieve and wonderful help. After a short time sleep in a hotel we left in a auto riksha to the Central Train Station. It was raining cats and dogs and we got wet to the skin only walking a few steps from the riksha to the station. I was so glad Anil was there.
After some more hours train ride we arrived around 3 PM in Chirala. Bindu and her brother Mithun picked us up in their own car .. a beautiful little Chevy.
Here I am again .. I still cant believe what happened. But Praise be to God, he helped me through.

Today we have to check our schedule and then get started. Diwali festival is coming up and already they shoot rockets in the air. I hope I survive that too .. ha ha ..


More is coming up soon ..
Embi

No comments:

Post a Comment